Sponsored by Women Fashion Trend 2020
You know when you have a wonderful makeup day where your skin looks flawless and you just feel "on"? I personally think it's better than a good hair day, because nothing says, "I am FAB-U-LOUS" like a glowy face.
After 28 long, arduous years of trying and failing with hundreds of cosmetics, I finally found my groove. (Look for my Amazon #1 best seller, How Abbey Got Her Groove Back, which is coming to major retailers soon.) Clearly, that demands a post sharing my everyday makeup routine. So let's get to it!
1. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. After my skin is washed and moisturized, I use my fingers to blend this onto blemishes, under eyes, and in the red creases of my nose.
2. Revlon Age Defy Foundation. Next, I apply my foundation with my beauty blender. People, GET A BEAUTY BLENDER. I'm convinced this is the key to dewy, luminous skin. I've tried low end to high end foundations, and this Revlon one is by far my favorite. It's light, has great coverage, and looks soft and silky. Translation: it's not gross and cakey, and doesn't get stuck in wrinkles.
3. Too Faced Brow Envy Kit. Time for eyebrows. Did you know I didn't start filling in my brows until two years ago? I went over a decade missing that step in my makeup routine and it's crucial. Not only does it frame your face, but it helps make your eyes look bigger. Now, I've tried the whole monster eyebrow trend with the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade, and I'm not a huge fan. I prefer structured, bold brows that still look normal. That's where this kit comes in. I received it in a POPSUGAR Must Have box and will never use anything ever again. I use the the brown shade (there's also a blonde shade for all you towheads!) with the angled brush included in the kit. Then I apply the pink highlighter directly under my brows, using a thin concealer brush.
4. MAC Eyeshadow in Saddle. Now it's time for some light shadow. This shade is a perfect neutral for pretty much any coloring. I use a large eyeshadow brush and just make a windshield wiper motion back and forth until it looks blended and soft.
5. Maybelline Rocket Volum Mascara. If I'm feeling fancy, I'll use liquid liner, but most days I go straight to the mascara after applying my shadow. It looks natural and pretty that way, in my opinion. Again, I've used low end to high end mascaras, and I always come back to this Maybelline stuff. It stays on all day without flaking and gives great volume (hence the name). I like to apply two coats on top to get dark, dramatic lashes, and one coat on my bottom lashes.
6. MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose. Are you ready for the one makeup product that will change your life? (My name is Abbey, and I have a testimony of Prep and Prime Highlighter.) This tiny bottle of magic will truly transform your face into a glowy beacon of beauty. Seriously, if they ever discontinue it, I will break down into hysterics. All you do is dab it under your eyes, on the bridge of your nose, the middle of your forehead, and your cupid's bow (that divot above your upper lip.) Blend it in with this MAC face brush. If you buy anything from this list, BUY THIS. You're welcome in advance.
7. MAC Powder Blush in Well Dressed. We're almost to the end! I apply this blush with a fat blush brush onto the apples of my cheeks. The best technique for this is to do one of those cheeky, close-mouthed smiles Tyra Banks would be proud of, to define the apples of your cheeks. Then blend in lightly.
8. NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita. This lipstick is the perfect everyday shade. It's goes well with every complexion and gives the right amount of color to your lips without looking intense. Basically, if you're afraid of lipstick, start out with this one.
And we're done! I realize that the total sum of these products is about $200, but they are completely worth it. Not only are the pigments and quality top notch, but they really do last me over a year. The foundation and mascara are the things I have to replace every few months, but they are the cheapies on the list! You see what I did there?
This is an extremely well-thought out makeup arsenal, and like I said, it's taken me years to get it right. So I just want to share all the must-haves you should definitely splurge on. They will be worth every penny.
Let me know if you buy any of them and how you like them!
Sponsored by Women Fashion Trend 2020